2013 Nineteen WED NIGHT OPEN WATER SWIM SERIES
- Wed nights from May 29th - Aug 28th inclusive
- 1k, 2k or 3.8k Ironman Open Water swims for fitness + competition & timing
- Located in the clean/warm James Dick Sand Quarry in Caledon
RACE SERIES DETAILS
- Warmup and swim lessons 5:15-6:10pm
- All swimmers regardless of distance in one start at 6:15pm
- Short (1km), medium (2km) & an opportunity for a 3.8km Ironman weekly swims
NEW IN 2013
PB have added the new “RUN on TURF” option after the swim (surf). For those who want to get a good multi-sport workout in why not do the swim followed by a run for total body fitness. Your choice of swim only or swim & run (Surf & Turf).
James Dick Quarry on Hwy 10 Caledon Village (500m south of the Caledon Fair Grounds) at the James Dick Concrete Quarry Property
FREE DEMO NIGHT WED May 29th
NINETEEN DEMO WETSUITS
PB will have a number of free demo wetsuits for you to try if you don't have a wetsuit. Optimally email in advance to reserve a suit/size
5:15-6:10pm open water swim warmup
5:30-6:00pm free open water lesson with PB coaches
6:15pm sharp all participants regardless of their event begin at the same time (to get the true race swim feeling).
The quarry will be set-up with Swim Buoys located every 200m around the 1000m loop. Participants in the races will do 1 loop (short) or 2 loops (medium) or 3+ loops for the 3.8km Ironman swim.
WEEKLY RACE DISTANCES
|SWIM ONLY||SWIM/RUN FORMAT|
|SHORT||1km Swim||1km Swim / 1mile Run|
|MOD||2km Swim||2km Swim / 2mile Run|
Special draw prizes will be given out every night (they are not based on performance, only based on being at the event). Bigger series awards will be given out on the final night of the program. To be eligible for Series Awards you simply have to have participated at a minimum of 5 of the 13 Wednesday nights. Prizes include wetsuits, running shoes, and more.
POST RACE SWIM OPTIONS:
Join Coach Sean & the PB coaches for some great music, and socializing. Why not bring some food with you and make a fun social of it.
DIRECTIONS: James Dick Quarry (Concrete) is located on the east side of Hwy 10 (Hurontario). Pull into the parking lot, immediately turn right in the parking lot and follow the gravel trail down to the Quarry where the swim/run/registration is.
- Swim camp
- Pre-swim lesson
- Nightly Draw prizes
- Season ending social/awards
- Well managed open water swim experience with clean water
- Ongoing results updated on the PB website
|Individual - C3 Member||
|Individual - Non-C3 Member||
|Up to 10 people||$50||$250|
|11 or more||
prices include HST
* Must be with the same team/group/organization